The Australian Human Rights Commission is advertising for an ongoing APS Level 6 Policy Adviser for the Age Discrimination Team. There is the possibility of an additional non-ongoing 14 month contract with location negotiable and/or secondment considered. The Policy Adviser is responsible for the provision of advice on age discrimination issues both in a domestic and international context. The Policy Adviser will also work collaboratively with the Assistant Director – Age Discrimination, as well as with other Commission teams and senior advisers in the development and delivery of key Commission priorities.
- Well developed communication skills including a demonstrated ability to communicate confidently, persuasively, sensitively and articulately, on matters relevant to the delivery of the Commission’s identified strategic priorities both in person and in writing.
- Ability to supervise staff and manage resources effectively (where required), contribute to Commission wide activities and respond flexibly to changing work demands.
- A demonstrated specialist knowledge, understanding and enthusiasm for issues affecting older Australians including elder abuse, homelessness and age discrimination in the workplace and confidence in delivering information succinctly and cogently.
- Demonstrated capacity for strategic thinking, political awareness, sound judgement and creative problem solving including ability to distil, consider and promote Commission wide benefits of activities.
- Demonstrated proficiency in conducting and analysing research, providing complex policy advice with the ability to meet tight deadlines without compromising quality.
- Well-developed relationship management skills, with a capacity to ensure that various stakeholder interests are recognised and managed positively and professionally.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sydney, New South Wales, AU
Application Deadline: N/A