Website Hornsby Council
Experienced street sweeper drivers will be highly regarded. You must be capable of interpreting and following written procedures and verbal directions on work methods and practices. In addition, you will be required to exercise a sound level of care and attention to detail and be able to prioritise tasks. You must have the ability to operate and maintain a broad range of plant and equipment used to carryout cleansing duties. MR licence is essential.
- To ensure the Shires streets, kerb and gutters, road islands, car parks and other nominated areas remain free of any debris, leaf and general litter, broken glass and in a clean and tidy state within established resourcing and service levels. To assist hand sweep, shovel out, blow out or collect any materials including debris, sticks, broken glass, general litter, leaf litter or other items from streets, kerb and gutter or road islands where sweeper access is restricted as required.
- Drive and operate a mechanical street sweeper and blower as directed and in accordance with established policies, procedures and to set run schedules and to carry out any reactive work requests as required.
- Undertake daily prestart and end of shift heavy vehicle inspections and checks and complete required paperwork. Undertake any necessary minor vehicle servicing, maintenance, cleaning and prestart and end of shift activities as required. Ensure compliance with heavy vehicle and traffic management operational and regulatory obligations at all times and work to Safe Work Method Statements.
- To report and act on any vehicle faults, defects or maintenance requirements affecting the roadworthiness and operating status of the machine in a timely manner and assist ensure any required maintenance is carried out prior to further plant operations. To operate sweepers/blower in a manner that does not cause undue wear and tear, damage or unnecessary maintenance on vehicles or equipment.
- To ensure the safe, efficient and effective utilisation of plant in the execution of sweeping/blowing services. To meet and exceed any established performance and productivity measures as required. To effectively utilise any in-vehicle communications and business systems related to run schedules, work orders, plant productivity monitoring or as directed. To proactively report any waste, cleansing or other council related work requirements observed while undertaking operational activities.
Company: Hornsby Council
Vacancy Type: Temporary
Job Location: Hornsby, New South Wales, AU
Application Deadline: N/A