Website Department of Home Affairs
The Executive Assistant (EA) reports directly to the Commander Operations North and is responsible for the delivery of timely, efficient and effective high-level administration and executive support. The position also provides support to visiting Senior Executives to the Command.
- A high level of professionalism, discretion, sensitivity and interpersonal skills, including the ability to anticipate the needs of the SES Officer.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Sound judgement and self-management to deliver quality outputs within tight deadlines, and confidence to escalate issues when necessary.
- Ability to quickly gain knowledge of travel systems and related policy.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision and as an effective team member who consults with others and shares information with stakeholders appropriately.
- An understanding of the work that the Department of Home Affairs and the Australian Border Force do or the ability to attain knowledge quickly.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in Microsoft Office suite.
- Demonstrated knowledge of/experience in an EA or administration role is highly desirable.
- Experience in or the ability to quickly acquire knowledge of record management systems.
Company: Department of Home Affairs
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Darwin, Northern Territory, AU
Application Deadline: N/A