Website Hobart City Council
This role is responsible to provide sound and cost effective engineering design and project management services that meet the requirements of all Council stakeholders
- Work and consult with Clients and Project Managers to ensure that designs are effective in achieving desired outcomes and in accordance
with the design program.
- Develop and analyse design alternatives to provide cost effective solutions which meet client requirements, gain regulatory approval and
provide practical and durable infrastructure using AutoCAD and civil design software packages.
- Be the lead technical reference point for civil engineering design of roads, traffic management and drainage to Clients, Project Officers and
Assistant Project Officers.
- Undertake investigation, design and documentation of designated complex projects covering a broad range of civil/municipal infrastructure
including roads, drainage, traffic management, parks and landscape projects and on occasions some aspects of building works.
- Undertake a range of site project management activities, such as direction of and/or advice to contractors, gaining of approvals, arranging
engineering surveys and site set out, client liaison and assessment of variations and quality of final work.
- Have primary responsibility for checking and reviewing the work carried out by other Project Officers and Assistant Project Officers and monitoring and coordinating work performed by Project Officers and Assistant Project Officers.
- Current Drivers Licence.
- Registration to Work with Vulnerable People
- Demonstrated competence in the use and knowledge of AutoCAD and design software packages such as Civil 3D, Advanced Road Design,
12D and Autoturn.
- Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering (Design) and/or significant relevant experience in a similar position.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex technical problems.
- Proven ability to provide clear and consistent communication of information and ideas which meets the needs of clients, other technical staff and members of the community.
Company: Hobart City Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Hobart, Tasmania, AU
Application Deadline: N/A