- Develop commercialisation strategies and structures suitable for the deployment of GRDC research outputs and Intellectual Property.
- Negotiate commercialisation deals and agreements.
- Build and maintain strong collaborations with GRDC Investment Managers and other internal stakeholders. The focus of this role will be on Crop Protection and Biosecurity.
- Reports to the Head of Businesses Development and Commercialisation and part of a highly performing team of 5, based across Australia.
- Identify and develop commercialisation opportunities from GRDC’s R&D portfolio, for maximum adoption and industry impact.
- Build and maintain strong external networks including growers, research partners, investors, other RDCs, technology transfer offices and private sector industry participants.
- Actively leverage GRDC’s Agtech innovation initiatives, including the GrainInnovate VC fund and incubation and accelerator programs.
- Demonstrated experience of commercial principles including finance, brand management, IP management, licensing and deal development
- Strong commercial acumen including the ability to succinctly analyse the merits of commercial opportunities
- Strong analytical skills and the capacity to leverage off external expertise and think strategically, including the ability to provide sound commercial advice.
- Experience working in Crop Protection and/or Biosecurity is well regarded
- Degree in Agriculture or relevant Science discipline is well regarded
- Degree in Business or Commerce is well regarded.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Canberra, Australia
Application Deadline: N/A