Website Gold Coast Council
Located within the Community Services Directorate, the Lifeguard Service is responsible for surveillance of the region’s 60-kilometre coastal strip. Under the direction of the Chief Lifeguard and the Lifeguard Superintendents, you will provide an effective and efficient aquatic safety and protection program ensuring compliance with relevant Local Laws, Regulations and Policies. Lifeguards are also responsible for promoting and enhancing Council’s image and for a wide range of activities associated with Aquatic Activities and Public Safety on Gold Coast beaches.
- Ensure public safety and protection by enforcing compliance with Local Laws as required.
- Ensure proper and safe use of the beach.
- Project and maintain a positive Council image by interacting with the public and providing advice on beach matters.
- Ensure public safety on Gold Coast beaches by providing an effective and efficient aquatic safety and protection program.
- Complete the bi-annual fitness assessments, maintaining fitness to the required level.
- Ensure relevant qualifications/licences remain up to date
- Understanding and appreciation of Council Policies, Local Laws, and Regulations relevant to the work area.
- Technically competent in the use of lifeguard rescue craft and techniques
- Accurate written communication skills required for reports and compilation of daily statistics.
- Ability to work productively in a team environment, and to foster good relationships with other team members.
- Excellent oral communication and interpersonal skills are required for liaison with the public, other staff members and other organisations.
Qualification & Experience:
- Current SLSA Bronze Medallion or APOLA POL2 Certificate or equivalent
- Current Advanced Resuscitation Certificate
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Current PWC Licence
- Current Class C Drivers Licence
- Current Blue Card
- Professional Lifeguard experience and service as a casual or permanent lifeguard
- 750m swim, 1600m run, 750m paddle on a rescue board on a natural ocean course in under 26 minutes. Consideration will be given for extra time allocated to complete the course due to changing weather, ocean and beach conditions on the day of testing. Other allowances for the fitness assessments will be determined by the Chief Lifeguard and Superintendents on the days of testing.
- Practical assessment on performing rescues using rescue board and rescue tube. Demonstration of skills in CPR/Defibrillator
Company: Gold Coast Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
Application Deadline: N/A