Website Geoscience Australia
The Groundwater Geoscience Section at Geoscience Australia undertakes a range of multi-disciplinary geoscience activities in collaboration with State/Territory and other Australian Government agencies, aimed at improving understanding of groundwater systems and processes at the regional and national scale.
- Build and maintain strong collaborative relationships and open lines of communication with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders to help realise the potential of these systems to address the current and emerging challenges of our nation
- Provide strategic science leadership on innovative approaches to understanding groundwater systems and hydrogeological processes at the regional and national scale using a range of geoscience and remote sensing datasets
- Develop, review and comment on scientific briefs, groundwater products, project proposals and other technical reports
- Provide mentoring, advice and direction to staff on groundwater geoscience, including motivating team members
- Initiate, shape and drive the strategic direction of innovative geoscience and technical advice to enhance Australia’s groundwater sector and support Australian government policies and decision making
- Contribute to groundwater geoscience strategic planning, develop long-term plans and implement strategies for delivering work program
- Oversee and prepare high level technical reports, briefings and presentations to deliver precompetitive information to stakeholders and advice to government
- Drive a culture of inclusiveness, open and transparent communication, collaboration, innovation and accountability.
Company: Geoscience Australia
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Canberra, Australian
Application Deadline: N/A