Website Geoscience Australia
The Groundwater Geoscience Section at Geoscience Australia undertakes a range of multi-disciplinary science activities in collaboration with State/Territory and other Australian Government agencies, aimed at improving understanding of groundwater systems and processes at the regional and national scale.
- Prepare high quality, succinct technical reports, scientific papers and advice to support the successful delivery of Geoscience Australia’s groundwater projects
- Co-ordinate contract management including developing tender documentation, managing selection processes and subsequent contract and service agreements to ensure compliance
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to achieve work area and agency goals
- Collect, analyse and interpret geological, hydrogeological, hydrochemistry and hydrogeophysics datasets to build knowledge and provide information that supports the delivery of groundwater work programs at the regional and national scale
- Provide hydrogeological advice and interpretation that contributes to regional and national groundwater assessments across Australia
- Represent Geoscience Australia by promoting its interests at conferences, external meetings/workshops and other stakeholder engagements
- Contribute knowledge and expertise to the development of team objectives for short term tasks and to Geoscience Australia’s longer term strategic objectives
- Promote a culture of inclusiveness, open and transparent communication, collaboration, innovation and accountability.
Company: Geoscience Australia
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Canberra, Australian
Application Deadline: N/A