Website City of Fremantle
We have adopted Activity Based Working (ABW), where staff are empowered to choose the best workspace to produce their best outcomes each day. Our offices at Walyalup Civic Centre support this way of working by providing a variety of spaces, settings and technology to help staff thrive. The City’s City Business directorate is seeking to appoint an experienced finance officer, for the management and execution of assets and insurances, and to provide analysis on various City Services financials and projects.
- Ensuring compliance with LGIS claims process and City claims process.
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant standards, regulations and legislation.
- Ensuring high level of accuracy and detail in asset transactions and reporting.
- Providing Business Analysis on City Services financials and projects.
- Completion of allocated project work within agreed timeframes.
- Working in a manner that provides a safe environment for self and colleagues.
- Ensuring high level of customer service
- Knowledge of asset accounting and insurance accounting with respect to financial reporting obligations
- Intermediate competency in Excel spreadsheet manipulation
- Strong organisational and interpersonal skills, and the ability to facilitate engagement with internal and external stakeholders
Qualification & Experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in accounting, business or finance
- At least 3 years’ experience in financial accounting within local government
- Understanding of or experience in utilising technology to work effectively in an activity based working environment.
Company: City of Fremantle
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Fremantle, Western Australia, Australia
Application Deadline: N/A