The ‘IT Backup and Storage Administrator (IDC)’ is responsible for implementation and organisation of the physical (fz hosted) and any virtual (cloud hosted) backup and storage systems. The role troubleshoots problems on the backup and storage infrastructure, monitors underlying communication protocols and supports storage-related network hardware and software. Maintains connectivity and availability of backup and storage systems.
- Perform daily monitoring and management of the backup solution implemented across the FZ facilities as per pre-defined policies & procedures.
- Data Center physical and virtual storage and communication management.
- Monitor backup jobs, execute restore jobs, troubleshoot failed jobs, and initiate corrective action.
- Provide status and progress reports for backup environment related activities and tasks on regular/periodic basis.
- Perform reliable, secure backup and recovery across the enterprise in accordance with FZ company policy and procedures.
- Optimize backup and storage allocation.
- Supporting and troubleshooting backup, recovery and archiving in a large, complex and widely distributed environment.
- Implement policies and procedures for storage, backup and DR.
- Serve as overall subject matter expert on Backup Administrator technology and market capabilities/trends
- Assist with identifying and planning potential new cloud backup services, features, and capabilities
- Hands on experience with IBM/HPE/EMC SAN storage systems
- Hands on experience with Veeam/Networker/EMC Data Domain/ HPE Data Protector/N2WS and AWS backup solutions
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.Tech / B.Eng / BE degree holder) in Computer Science, Information Management.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A