This role will provide optimization and organization excellence to the airline by incorporating a corporate balance scorecard and setting financial and operational KPI for all divisions, defining and implementing corporate manpower plane and budgets in line with the airline’s business objectives and provide strategic financial support and analysis to the divisions. Additionally, this role will provide project management support and ensure that all key projects are aligned to flydubai’s business strategies.
- Influence, and support the initiation of activities that will assist to address underperforming KPIs
- Identify and support business improvement initiatives to deliver enhanced business outcomes, through delivering performance and product
- enhancements that optimize opportunities, in particularly opportunities that arise from the growth of flydubai.
- Lead the delivery of business improvement initiatives that will positively impact the “bottom line”.
- Participate in the Senior Management meetings of departments and ensure that business performance is monitored and regularly communicated against agreed targets.
- Collaborate and partner with the business, and other relevant business partners (HR, Finance, etc) during the yearly budget submissions to ensure that the departmental manpower plans are aligned with the long-term strategic manpower plans and the CFO’s financial plans
- Develop and oversee a Business Continuity Plan (BCP) for key functions to ensure that the airline is protected against periods of disruption and unforeseen circumstances.
- Develop a Succession Planning Framework in line with the BCP.
- Manage the fortnightly heads of department’s risk management meeting, chaired by the CEO, that gives the executives a forum to flag organizational and operational risks to the business and recommend remedial actions to eliminate or manage the risk
- Corporate Balance Scorecard and Business Improvement
- Help divisions in defining and using the corporate balance scorecard philosophy
- Ensure department KPIs are developed and aligned to the departmental plans that include sound performance improvement measures.
- Approve and coordinate projects of a strategic nature, high impact, high value and/or high risk to flydubai in line with the company business objectives and plans.
- Setup standardized tools and reporting template to manage projects including, project planning templates, project charters, change management templates etc., in line to latest industry standards and best practice.
- Facilitate Program Steering Groups and guide the business in change management methods that result in successfully transforming project outcomes into every day operation.
- Define the annual corporate budget in consultation with the CFO and ensure that Finance are abreast of any changes and ensure all projects are in line with this budget.
- Work with the business to provide strategic financial support on a continuous basis.
- Ensure that divisions/departments are working within defined budgets.
- Identify significant cost drivers and work towards cost efficiencies.
- Develop short (1 year) and long term (3 years) manpower plans
- Work with the compensation and benefits team and ensure that all Department Heads adhere to the budgeted manpower numbers and that fz’s new growth in manpower remains within the budget value while realizing savings.
- Review and approve each departments’ recruitment requests to ensure they are aligned to the businesses budget and actual financial performance that maximizes flydubai’s productivity requirements and meet regularly with the Chiefs to provide an update.
- Customer Focus
• Team work
• Effective Communication
• Personal Accountability & Commitment to achieve
• Resilience and Flexibility (Can do attitude)
• Strategic Thinking
• Business Acumen
• Inspiring & Developing Others
• Decision Making
Qualification & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a related field
10 years in a similar role
PMO certified (PMP, Prince2, etc.)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A