Website First Republic Bank
As an Analyst, FP&A and a member of the Finance team, you will have the opportunity to work collaboratively with business, credit and technology teams to generate and explain data-driven insights. You will be at the nexus of helping the Bank’s leadership maximize the value of our data to make informed decisions, manage risks, service clients and capitalize on competitive opportunities in increasingly sophisticated ways.
In this position, you’ll draw on your broad skills in finance, accounting, and strategic thinking, as well as your curiosity and your ability to quickly learn and assimilate new skills. You’ll deliver results under tight deadlines and demonstrate solid business acumen and management-level written and verbal communication skills.
- Actively participate in ad hoc reporting requests from executives and key stakeholders, based on a variety of financial, industry, economic and strategic analyses.
- Create appropriate documentations/presentations of the forecast, any associated analyses performed, assumptions (particularly management assumptions), and the relevant control and governance processes surrounding the forecast.
- This includes clearly, concisely and accurately documenting the reasoning, concepts and rationales in support of the forecasts for initiatives like Capital Stress Test.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of the accounting and reporting principles central to financial planning.
- Work collaboratively with the Finance team to identify discrepancies and ensure data quality.
- Conduct independent analyses, including evaluation of mathematical soundness, historical performance, and appropriate sensitivity analyses.
- Respond to reporting and analyses requests from executives and key stakeholders within the bank.
- Proactively identify opportunities for efficiency gains and improvements to processes and controls.
- Assist in data collection, extraction, scrubbing, validity and sanity checks, transformation, and validation for a variety of projects.
- Present quantitative results clearly and concisely, demonstrating a capability to discuss financial and quantitative concepts coherently.
- Participate in financial model building, data analytics and reporting necessary for the Bank’s Capital Stress Test and other key strategic analyses.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of changes in the regulatory environment to help the team manage the dynamism in the industry.
- Banking or finance experience (preferred) or the ability to clearly articulate the transferability of out-of-industry skills.
- The ability to work with financial models in Excel and use Excel features such as pivot tables and matching functions
- The ability to explain complex data management techniques, summarize data-driven insights and present key findings to senior management.
- Expertise in writing and modifying SQL queries to access and refine data
- The ability to translate business problems into data analysis problems to support business needs.
- A bachelor’s degree in finance, business, economics or a related field.
- Experience in financial analysis, reporting and financial modeling.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and comfortable working on multiple types of requests with minimal supervision.
- The capability to work effectively both in a team environment and independently, with both internal colleagues and external partners
- The ability to conduct deep, exploratory data analysis by quickly grasping the business problem.
- Proficiency in clearly documenting qualitative and quantitative analyses, processes and results for internal validation.
Company: First Republic Bank
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sacramento, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A