Website First Republic Bank
The Commercial Real Estate Analyst has the opportunity to assist the construction and commercial lending team in evaluating, underwriting, monitoring and maintaining new and existing loans including 1-4 family properties, multifamily properties, mixed-use properties and construction projects. This involves reviewing applications, underwriting recurring income and post loan liquidity, obtaining due diligence, preparing credit narratives and following up during the credit approval process, closing transactions and post-closing follow-up.
- Create and maintain all loan and credit files. Must be able to take responsibility of the credit file used in approving each loan.
- Underwrite and complete real estate credit narratives for new loans as well as for renewals, modifications and short-term extensions. This includes financial and risk analysis, purpose of loan, repayment sources, collateral, financial & reporting covenants, tenant analysis, and sponsor and project team summary.
- Conduct site inspections on real estate property to ensure property is well-maintained and is operated in accordance with industry practice.
- Spread personal financial statements and tax returns and be proficient in K-1 and cash flow analysis. Analyst must be able to identify recurring and non- recurring sources of cash flow, global cash flow from real estate, the subject property’s ability to cover debt service and ability of client/guarantor to support the property.
- Spread and analyze current and proposed property operating statements and/or tax returns and have a complete understanding of cash flow reports, financial ratios, trends, etc.
- Run credit reports on companies and individuals to assist in the analysis process. Conduct research on specific industries/companies and due diligence on sponsors and guarantors to assist team.
- Evaluate prospective real estate opportunities by analyzing construction budgets for hard and soft costs, property cash flows (current and future), rent rolls, locations, property types (residential, multifamily, retail, office), requested loan terms and all other information available.
- Review documentation for consistency and accuracy of Credit Narratives. This requires working with the Borrower, Commercial Loan Operations, Closing Department and outside legal counsel.
- Sound judgment and autonomous decision making ability
- Ability to effectively communicate with prospective customers and existing customers and banking associates
- Basic computer skills are required.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, dependable and self-motivated.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment; strong sense of urgency and responsiveness.
- Excellent analytical skills; ability to quickly understand complex problems and recommend solutions.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Additional work experience with an emphasis on customer service preferred.
- Strong teamwork and partnering skills with ability to effectively manage the expectations of multiple internal/external constituents.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Must become state-licensed through the NMLS
- Effective written and verbal communication/presentation skills.
- Available to work varying hours and overtime as needed
- Thorough knowledge of and experience in lending techniques and practices, loan documentation, compliance with federal and state regulations pertaining to the banking industry and lending products and services
- Excellent customer service and a positive attitude.
- Prefer a minimum of 3-5 years of experience as a loan partner/loan officer assistant or processor with hands on knowledge of loan products and guidelines.
Company: First Republic Bank
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Syracuse, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A