Website Department of Finance
The Productivity Improvement branch is seeking to fill various Policy Officer positions, to support the application of best practice under the Commonwealth grants policy framework and whole of grants administration. The roles will suit high performing Policy Officers (including at higher duties) who can demonstrate strong attention to detail, organisation, stakeholder management skills, good judgement and ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manage competing priorities and achieve high quality outcomes.
- Interpreting and applying the Commonwealth grants policy framework, whole of government grants administration arrangements and resource management legislation to contribute to policy analysis.
- Drafting policy and financial briefings and documents for Ministers, Executives, stakeholder agencies and other governance bodies.
- Developing and coordinating communications and stakeholder engagement activities.
- Supporting team and branch activities (e.g. assurance activities and departmental reporting).
- Show attention to detail in written and verbal communications with colleagues and stakeholders
- Experience in designing or implementation of Commonwealth grant programs.
- Experience in policy, communications and/or stakeholder engagement roles.
- Demonstrate excellent organisational skills, including a common sense approach to both administrative and strategic matters (often subject to tight timeframes).
- A general understanding of the Commonwealth resource management framework and the Public Governance, Performance and Accountability legislation.
Company: Department of Finance
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Canberra, Australia
Application Deadline: N/A