Website Australian Federal Police
Management accountants support business units of the AFP in managing their finances effectively through timely and accurate advice and analysis. Core duties include regular analysis and presentation of financial information to support business area decision making. Management accountants also assist with the development, implementation and management of internal budgets.
- Developing and maintaining working relationships across the CFO Portfolio and with key stakeholders within the AFP and external to the organisation;
- Undertaking end of month processes to ensure data and reporting integrity;
- Assisting with forecasting, business risk analysis and budget development within required timelines;
- Assisting with new proposals and costings;
- Providing accurate financial and technical advice and support to the Finance Branch;
- Contributing to central tasks for the Finance Branch based on branch priorities such as asset stocktakes, investment plan and year-end financial statements;
- Providing cover and back up as required for Team Leaders within Finance;
- Providing informal mentoring to junior staff and developing team members;
- Modelling AFP values and ethical behaviours at all times; and
- Supporting diversity and the positive workplace culture within the Finance Branch.
- Tertiary qualifications in relevant field.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a like or related field.
- Relevant qualification or extensive experience and knowledge in area of expertise.
Company: Australian Federal Police
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Au
Application Deadline: N/A