Website Federal Court
The Deputy Associate is part of a team who assist the Judge in the day-to-day management of Chambers and Court. The role of the Deputy Associate is to assist the Associate and deputise for them when they are on leave or on circuit.
- Court attendance including performance of court officer duties and provision of administrative assistance in the courtroom.
- Assist the Associate in the day to day management of chambers including correspondence, liaison with practitioners and court staff, use of court’s case management system, chambers and docket management.
- Manage chambers in the absence of the Associate.
- Other duties as required.
- Undertake legal research as required by the Judge.
- Type judgments and orders.
- Strong communication (oral and written) and liaison skills with the ability to communicate with people at all levels.
- Demonstrated high-level keyboard skills and ability to use relevant software applications including Microsoft Office applications, lotus notes and internet.
- LLB or graduand with credit plus average. Please attach copies of all academic transcripts.
- Demonstrated ability to undertake legal research.
- Demonstrated organisational skills, including the ability to manage several processes at once.
- The ability to adapt to changing situations and priorities.
- Tolerance, diligence and the ability to work as member of a small team.
- A high standard of ethical behaviour.
Company: Federal Court
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sydney, New South Wales, AU
Application Deadline: N/A