Website Federal Court
The Courts are seeking highly capable candidates who are enthusiastic, driven and motivated to assist in achieving the Courts’ objectives and perform the key functions of a Legal Case Manager and/or Associate to a Senior Judicial Registrar.
- Assist in both a legal and administrative way in the efficient and effective running of the chambers of Senior Judicial Registrars and/or Judicial Registrars, including through preparing correspondence and reports and managing the schedule of hearings and engagements in the Court databases, and assistance with registrar case management more broadly;
- Use Court applications and associated documentation, to accurately enter and maintain information on Court databases, enter and disseminate listing information, and manage Court records and files;
- Assist registrars in the planning and case management of matters including in the preparation and publication of orders, liaising with Judges’ chambers, litigants and other services;
- Develop and maintain relationships with Court users and be responsive to requests from external and internal stakeholders;
- Assist with the referral of matters to judges, Senior Judicial Registrars, Judicial Registrars, Child Dispute Services staff and other registry staff; and
- Exercise legal skills to assist Senior Judicial Registrars and/or Judicial Registrars, including case law research, support with judgments/reasons, and important legal preparation and research for dispute resolution events;
- Provide support to Senior Judicial Registrars and/or Judicial Registrars working on key initiatives, including the Lighthouse Project, the COVID-19 List and the PPP-500 pilot, including relating pilot processes, case management and operation of the specialist list to Court users and internal staff.
- Completion of a law degree or Juris Doctor, or in the latter stages of studies for a law degree or Juris Doctor.
- Experience within a court, or legal environment is highly regarded.
Company: Federal Court
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Adelaide, South Australia, AU
Application Deadline: N/A