Website Fairfield Council
The UNIX and Database Administrator is responsible for the support, administration and performance tuning of FCC Corporate Unix, Linux systems and databases across applications systems platforms for (including PeopleSoft, Objective, Chris21, ELM, Kofax, Authority, Conquest). This position provides level – 2 / 3 support and is responsible for solving daily systems issues.
- Develop and maintain data management documentation, develop technical policies, procedures for managing data and data structures, develop and maintain scripts for backups and DR processes for high availability, disaster recovery, data retention, data security, data importing and exporting, maintenance, backups and recovery
- Tertiary qualification in computer science, computer engineering or equivalent.
- Knowledge of the following tools: Java, PHP, SQL, HTML, ASP, Crystal, nVision on UNIX/Linux and Windows environment.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team.
- High-level interpersonal skills and communication skills.
- High level of computer literacy with spreadsheets, word processing and database software and/or business systems (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, VISIO, VB, other graphic software).
Qualification & Experience:
- Considerable experience in database tuning, troubleshooting, patching, maintaining Oracle, MS-SQL, Postgres, MongoDb databases.
- Considerable experience in Oracle RAC, RMAN, DataGurad.
- Experience in installing and maintaining Oracle Solaris, Linux Redhat, CentosOS operating systems.
- Developed analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience in application integration in relation to database framework.
- Experience working with ERP systems in particular PeopleSoft, Objective EDRMS, Chris21 payroll.
Company: Fairfield Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Fairfield, New South Wales, AU
Application Deadline: N/A