Website Etihad Airways
Great opportunity to step into a leading role that will be responsible to implement and monitor Etihad aviation group’s core Ethics and Compliance programme and initiatives to ensure compliance with national and international regulations regarding fraud, export control, data protection and anti-corruption.
- Act as a key contact and reference point for all data protection related issues for internal and external parties (seeking legal advice where necessary).
- Responsible for developing and implementing Group Policies on data protection.
- Resolving ad hoc queries and issues relating to data protection
- Identifying data protection and information security issues that need addressing, in particular in relation to suppliers and to IT systems, and working with management to address those issues.
- Receiving and dealing with data protection subject access requests.
- Primary responsibility for the Etihad Group Data protection compliance programme. Provides leadership and guidance to the Business on all aspects of the data protection compliance programme including
- Developing audit standards for personal data handling and information security activity to ensure adherence to internal policies.
- Maintaining up to date registration with local regulators, and an awareness of best practice as promoted by them.
- Maintain an up to date map of all data flows across the Etihad Group
- Advise Business owners on data protection requirements and assist them to design and implement appropriate controls.
- Monitor changes to data protection legislation and ensure that management takes appropriate action to comply with the regulations.
- Develop and deliver the data protection training programme across all relevant employee groups.
- Ensure full completion and regular refresher training.
- Develop and disseminate periodic awareness communications to Group employees
- Investigating and responding to security breaches, and reporting the breaches to the Ethics Committee.
- Recommend notifications to local regulators where needed.
- Develop and maintain an incident response plan ensuring that all relevant personnel are aware of the plan and how to respond in the event of a breach.
- Liaising with relevant teams to test the company’s capability to respond to a breakdown or other serious contingencies in its operations that affects the security of personal data (both for automated and manual information).
- Perform general data protection risk assessments on systems and processes as needed (working closely with the Risk Team)
- Performing data protection risk assessments as part of the Information Security Management System during changes to systems or processes
- Business Understanding Skills – Excellent
- Presentation Skills – Excellent
- University degree. Preferably in Law, accounting or other relevant field, and Relevant professional qualification such as qualified lawyer counsel
- Post holder must have at least 5-8 years’ experience at manager level in an ethics and compliance role for a company or organization in at least one of the following areas: Ethics and compliance programmes: Anti-corruption, Export control, Competition law, Data privacy, Anti-fraud, Anti-money laundering
Company: Etihad Airways
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A