Website Bundaberg Regional Council
In your role as Regulatory Services Officer, you will have to balance both an educational and enforcement approach to ensuring protection, promotion and improvement of public health, amenity, and public safety for the community within the Bundaberg Region. You will have a key role in animal management and local law compliance and will undertake discussions, investigations and negotiations with the public in a positive and professional manner in order to help ensure the community understands and complies with public safety legislation. You will conduct scheduled inspections of approved or regulated animals and daily patrols for local law, animal related and regulated parking offences. You will be required to participate in the ‘on-call’ roster including afterhours and weekends.
- Commitment to live and uphold the Council’s values
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate and problem solve effectively
- Excellent written communication skills in taking accurate investigation notes
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in conducting an investigation and enforcement of Local Government legislation in particular to Animal Management and Local Laws.
- Demonstrated computer operational skills and knowledge including the use of electronic infringement software, devices and Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of animal management, animal husbandry including cattery and kennel maintenance, disease control and animal hygiene, local laws and parking regulations.
- Demonstrated communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills including the area of problem solving and negotiation.
- Demonstrated ability to work productively both on your own, with a partner and within a team environment
- Availability to work outside normal operating hours and in accordance with the section’s roster
- Ability to undertake manual handling duties involved with the role (NB – this will be tested in a pre-employment medical)
- Hold a ‘C’ Class driver’s licence
Company: Bundaberg Regional Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bundaberg, Queensland, AU
Application Deadline: N/A