To develop the clinical vision and clinical strategy and ensure risk is managed effectively.To plan, manage and implement the company’s psychology service.
- Ensure the highest standards of clinical record keeping including electronic data entry and recording, report writing and the responsible exercise of professional self-governance in accordance with professional codes of practice.
- Ensure processes are clearly communicated and that all team members adhere to them consistently.
- Lead the development of the organisation’s clinical vision and strategy and ensure risk is managed effectively.
- Manage the clinical psychology service in line with the strategic business plan.
- This will also involve interaction with other senior management in Flight Ops, Service Delivery and the Medical Clinic among others to understand their needs in detail and demonstrate how the clinical vision is meeting those needs.
- Ensure the systematic provision of a high quality Clinical Psychology assessment, therapy and education service through familiarity with the latest research in aviation clinical psychology and occupational mental health. T
- he role will also have responsibility for continuously researching and benchmarking international best practice in the areas of clinical and aviation psychology with the aim to use this knowledge to continuously improve the service the clinical team provides to the organisation. T
- his involves data analysis of the current service and future proposals.
- Carry out clinical work covering highly complex clinical and risk assessments (including neuropsychological assessments) for staff employed in safety sensitive roles in accordance with the General Civil Aviation Authority (GCAA) and other regulatory bodies. This will include the conduct of psychotherapy evaluations and making decisions about treatment options and carrying out highly specialised psychological treatment for staff in high risk areas.
- Take responsibility for the systemic governance of clinical psychological practice within the standards. This includes taking the lead on the development and implementation of policies and processes to safeguard the team and the organisation.
- Provide specialist advice, consultation and training to other members of the team, Emirates Group Medical Services and line management on the provision of psychologically based interventions.
- Manage the Senior Clinical Psychologists on a day to day basis.
- Ensure risk is managed in all cases. Provide supervision and decision making in high risk and complex cases.
- Recommend to the VP Medical Services realistic resource allocation including budget preparation.
- The role will also be responsible for managing the budget for the clinical teams during the year.
- Manage external interaction which may require the job holder to network with external government and local authorities e.g GCAA on psychology related issues whilst ensuring that the company image is protected and employees are dealt with in a fair manner.
- Masters Degree in Clinical Psychology or related speciality.
- GCAA/ DHA/ CDA approval and accreditation to practice Clinical Psychology.
- Qualifications in clinical supervision with experience providing professional supervision to a team of Psychologists and similar professionals.
- Experience in the field of Clinical Psychology.
- Experience working in a large corporate setting and/or aviation is advantageous.
- Experience managing a medium sized team of mixed levels and skill base.
- Experience conducting clinical assessments for safety sensitive roles.
- Ability to manage the collection and analysis of data.
- Membership of relevant professional bodies (Chartership or equivalent).
- Able to be licenced by the Dubai Government (Dubai Health Authority) or CDA as a clinical psychologist.
- Fluency in English is essential.
- Human Resources – Psychology (Clinical) : 10+ Years
- Masters Degree (12+5 or equivalent) in Clinical Psychology
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A