The Senior Investigator works under the broad direction of the Assistant Director Fraud Investigations to deliver quality outcomes. They are expected to assist in ensuring the Department is compliant with legislative frameworks and provide governance, policy and technical-expert advice for staff, including senior management. They provide leadership and direction to DVA employees and contractors on best practice fraud investigation procedures.
- Providing accurate and specialised advice to stakeholders in regard to DVAs investigation functions.
- Building rapport and cooperation within and across teams; and
- A thorough understanding of the relevant DVA legislation and policies or the ability to quickly acquire this knowledge;
- Monitoring, analysing and reporting on fraud risks and threats in line with DVA requirements.
- Mentoring and developing junior staff.
- Proven experience in leading and conducting complex and sensitive criminal investigations and associated practise and procedures, including conducting Witness Interviews, Evidence Collection and preparing Briefs of Evidence;
- Ensuring the preparation of briefs and written information is of the highest quality;
- Actively plan, prioritise and monitor own work and that of the APS5 Fraud Investigators;
- Providing complex technical support during investigations, including interpreting and evaluating information that assists other employees;
- Contributing to the outcomes of the business unit through quality decision making by maintaining an understanding and appreciation of the fraud investigation landscape.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Canberra, Australia
Application Deadline: N/A