Website Department of Defence
The Financial Compliance Assurance team provides assurance of Defence’s compliance with relevant financial policy and legislation. The team applies a risk-based approach to its strategic objectives, leveraging automation and data analytics to identify items for investigation. The team also provides advice to DFG and other stakeholders on enhancing Defence’s financial compliance control environment, improving assurance to Defence leadership.
- Achieve financial compliance assurance outcomes by applying expertise, performing research and analysis on complex issues, working collaboratively with stakeholders and subject matter experts and recommending viable solutions to resolve issues.
- Manage workflows and resources, prepare work area plans detailing measurable milestones and expected outcomes.
- Monitor performance of financial compliance assurance activities, seeking to improve our activities wherever possible.
- Monitor and evaluate the risk profile and effectiveness of financial compliance activities within Defence Finance Group to develop and implement Financial Compliance Assurance strategy.
- Apply risk and compliance expertise to draft and review briefs, reports and other correspondence and to provide advice to stakeholders on financial compliance assurance matters.
- Provide and apply judgment to tailor advice to stakeholders, peers and the Defence executive on areas of financial risk and options to address or reduce such risk.
- Coordinate and/or perform financial compliance assurance activities with limited direction in accordance with Defence policies and procedures and work to agreed priorities and outcomes.
- Build and sustain effective relationships with team members, represent work group as required and actively participate in teamwork and group activities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- An ability to produce quality work within short time frames.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong initiative and sound judgement.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- A commitment to continuous improvement.
Company: Department of Defence
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, AU
Application Deadline: N/A