Website Department of Treasury
The Social Policy and Services Team are looking for a VPS5 Senior Economist/Senior Policy Analyst role on an ongoing basis. The team provides advice on a broad spectrum of social policy issues including hospital funding, mental health policy, community services, Aboriginal affairs, justice, and the education system spanning pre-school to higher education with a particular focus on skills and Vocational Education and Training (VET).
- Produce high quality written material, including public documents such as issues papers and reports.
- Communicate (verbal and written) complex concepts and develop constructive working relationships with stakeholders.
- Participate and contribute to planning and decision-making for the team to delivery outcomes.
- Provide leadership across a range of key issues and projects.
- Work independently and as part of a team to advise on complex issues relating to regulation of social policy reform, including formulation of practical policy options.
- Contribute positively to team culture and foster a collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrated capacity to solve complex and ambiguous problems.
- Attention to detail and ability to interpret and synthesise information.
- Bachelor’s degree or postgraduate in public policy, economics or a related field.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience working within a team and supporting others to collaborate and support others to pursue common goals.
- Strong experience in providing timely and fit-for purpose advice and products for key stakeholders.
- Extensive experience preparing high quality verbal and written briefings and advice; including the ability to convey complex issues persuasively and effectively in plain language.
Company: Department of Treasury
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Au
Application Deadline: N/A