Website Department of Treasury
Treasury is looking for talented, team-oriented, flexible and highly motivated individuals to work at the centre of Australian Government policy thinking on consumer data access and other digital initiatives and on competition and innovation issues more broadly. This is a unique opportunity to play a key role in shaping policy advice and working on the Australian Government’s digital agenda, including expanding the Consumer Data Right as a whole-of-economy reform.
- Leading the preparation of reports, briefings to Treasury Ministers, submissions to Cabinet, speeches, replies to parliamentary questions and other correspondence;
- Collaborating on issues that cut across areas or Divisions to bring additional analysis and perspectives on complex questions;
- Leading particular streams of work, including on legislative, rules or policy issues;
- Oversighting the design and implementation of digital initiatives within portfolio agencies where Treasury has the policy responsibility for the initiative;
- Implementing reforms, including through leading the drafting of consultation papers, undertaking regulatory assessments, and working with other Government agencies and Treasury’s Law Design Office to develop draft legislation and subordinate legislation;
- Engaging with internal and external stakeholders, including regulators, advocacy groups, and participants in the CDR or other frameworks and other parts of Government, including developing content to support and inform engagement and communication with stakeholders; and
- Managing or informally supporting the development of more junior team members.
Company: Department of Treasury
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Melbourne, Victoria, AU
Application Deadline: N/A