The Waste Export Sections are responsible for developing the policy, designing the regulatory management and oversight and processing licences for exports of waste glass, plastic, tyres and paper/cardboard by implementing the waste export ban under the Recycling and Waste Reduction Act 2020. The Sections have responsibility for developing and maintaining the systems and processes for the scheme, including the online portal for licence applications; assessing applications for waste export licences; managing and interpreting data and analytics; monitoring compliance; engaging with industry on regulatory requirements; and developing policy settings and frameworks for giving effect to the ban.
- Engaging with stakeholders on the requirements of waste export licenses, verbally and in writing
- Providing verbal and written briefings, including preparing assessment reports and maintaining accurate records
- Using a customer relationship management system to manage and save information
- Applying legislation and policy requirements, including following standard operational procedures, to assess applications for waste export licenses
- Working collaboratively to work on and prioritise multiple tasks.
- Undertake work that is moderately complex in nature, with supervision
- Maintain a well-developed understanding of relevant legislation and policy frameworks
- Make decisions within defined parameters using sound subject matter knowledge and professional judgement
- Liaise with stakeholders on policy, project or operational issues, responding appropriately to stakeholder needs and expectations
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Resilience and have the ability to be flexible in response to change.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in government briefing and report writing
- Experience in stakeholder relationship management and communication
- Experience in regulatory or compliance related roles.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, AU
Application Deadline: N/A