We are seeking to fill various positions to lead and progress ambitious measures to protect the environment. The roles are in several branches as .The Environment Protection Division is responsible for a wide range of regulatory and non-regulatory programs to protect the environment from potentially harmful effects of products throughout their life cycle. From the product design stage to end of life, we work with industry and other stakeholders on ways to improve product sustainability, reduce chemicals of concern, increase recyclability, and reduce waste-to-landfill. Our focus is on transforming the way Australia’s waste is managed, preventing air quality and ozone layer depletion, and managing the environmental risks of industrial chemicals.
- Engaging professionally with key stakeholders
- Reviewing and providing input to technical papers
- Undertaking compliance and education activities within a legislative framework
- Managing reporting systems and portals
- Developing input to policy papers, reports, and briefs
- Undertaking research and analysis tasks
- Contributing to policy and/or program development and implementation
- Analysing complex information and translating key messages to plain English
- Interpreting and applying legislation
- Administering ICT systems and conducting basic trouble shooting.
- Ability to exercise good judgement with limited guidance.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to build and maintain stakeholder relationships.
- Resilience and ability to be flexible in response to changes.
- Ability to work autonomously with limited supervision, and also work collaboratively in a team.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, AU
Application Deadline: N/A