Website Department of Industry
We seek an experienced scientist/metrologist to lead the development of new technologies and services to meet emerging customer requirements, and to provide high-voltage and high-current test and calibration services to industry.
- Leading a small team (inclusive of students) in developing new high-voltage and high-current measurement capabilities, including hardware and software, for providing services to industry.
- Foster and maintain an inclusive, high performing workplace environment that rewards new ideas, sets clear expectations and addresses concerns quickly
- Setting and developing strategic capabilities in a number of service areas, including impulse voltage and impulse current measurements, wide-band on-site calibration of instrument transformers and calibration systems for partial discharge calibrators, formulating strategic plans of developing and maintaining technical capabilities.
- Maintaining quality system for the test and calibration services in the areas of high-voltage and high-current, including developing and updating quality system documents, calibrating reference systems and updating calibration software packages.
- Performing calibrations in the areas of high voltage impulse, high voltage ac and dc voltmeters, impulse current, fast transient voltage, very low frequency loss measurement standard and partial discharge calibrators, and performing high-voltage ac, impulse and fast transient voltage tests for clients
- Building devices and software, such as impulse voltage dividers and impulse measurement software, for external clients.
- Representing NMI and participating in the standard development work of Standards Australia and International Electrotechnical Commission in the area of high-voltage testing. Engaging stakeholders such as NMIs in other countries, attending technical conferences and provide consultancy and training service to industry.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in developing and maintaining quality systems for providing calibration services, including developing quality system documents.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in relevant stakeholder engagement, such as client engagement for establishing complex services, organisation of international comparisons, active participation in standards setting bodies, and publication of research findings in scientific conferences and journals.
- A leading national authority in the areas of high-voltage AC and impulse measurements and partial discharge measurement, with extensive knowledge and experience in the in the areas high-voltage and high-current testing and calibration.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in developing innovative and complex measurement systems in the above areas
- Demonstrated ability to foster and maintain a high performance, positive culture that rewards new ideas and manages talent effectively
- Demonstrated skills and experience in managing resources in the context of providing calibration and testing services, including procurement of major equipment of complex specification, supervision of technical staff and provide staff training
- A PhD degree in Electrical engineering or related areas.
Company: Department of Industry
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sydney, New South Wales, AU
Application Deadline: N/A