An exciting opportunity is available to work as a Senior Research Scientist as part of the Ecosystem Restoration and Landform team for the Supervising Scientist in Darwin. In the role you will provide expert technical expertise on mine site rehabilitation planning and monitoring with a focus on ecosystem establishment, and broader issues of ecological restoration and ecosystem sustainability, as part of the mine site rehabilitation assessment process. You will lead, manage and design research projects, analyse data, and prepare scientific publications and reports, including oversight of fieldwork where required. The position will require you to undertake field work at times in remote locations.
- Leading, managing and designing research projects, analysing data and preparing scientific publications and reports, including oversight of fieldwork where required
- Communicating research findings and program work in a range of fora (e.g. strategic to technical level)
- Developing and managing key strategic relationships with a broad range of stakeholders in the context of change, resolving conflict and managing sensitivities
- Providing strategic level technical expertise on mine site rehabilitation planning and monitoring with a focus on ecosystem establishment, and broader issues of ecological restoration and ecosystem sustainability, as part of the mine site rehabilitation assessment process
- Providing leadership, managing departmental staff, and coordinating external collaborators as required
- Assisting in managing corporate functions such as budgets, contracts, procurement, human resources, workflow and performance
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills with the capacity to convey complex scientific information in a clear, concise, and articulate manner.
- Proven track record of undertaking ecosystem restoration related research.
- Demonstrated experience in providing advice on ecosystem establishment and restoration plans, and monitoring results.
- Understanding of the challenges associated with large-scale restoration in areas of high conservation value.
- Demonstrated practical experience in leading and managing field work.
- Experience in connecting and engaging with internal and external stakeholders to deliver business outcomes.
- Experience in using innovative methods to conduct environmental monitoring, including the use of drones and in-situ sensors.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, AU
Application Deadline: N/A