We are seeking applicants who have previous, demonstrated experience either in a contemporary operational logistics environment and/or in project management, preferably including the analysis, planning and implementation of complex systems or activities. The preferred applicant will demonstrate experience in the effective management of personnel and/or physical resources.
- Leading engagement with Station and Voyage Leaders and Shipping and Aviation Teams around the planning, phasing and implementation of solid cargo resupply activities
- Leading engagement with the AAD’s Strategic Infrastructure Group and major project teams around future station logistic support and upgrade requirements (including capital works to increase the station ‘footprint’ for the storage and staging of sustainment and project cargo)
- Leading a team comprising APS project and specialist cargo management personnel, seasonal operational cargo managers and remote station supply personnel
- Managing and developing the capability of Supply Chain Operations personnel at AAP stations, including Station Supply Officers and resupply coordination personnel
- The identification, oversight and upgrade of supply chain assets on station (e.g. cargo handling plant and equipment and container fleet)
- Facilitating a program to identify and analyse critical supply chain systems and capabilities (e.g. AAD cargo management system replacement/inventory management system introduction activities) and oversight of future implementation including in the effective management of consultants and contractors to deliver elements of this work
- Demonstrate the range of personal qualities and interpersonal skills necessary to perform as a successful team member within isolated Antarctic and sub-Antarctic environments
- Be certified as fit for Antarctic service by the AAD’s Polar Medicine Unit.
- Demonstrate an ability to effectively adapt and respond to the demands of living and working in an isolated and confined environment as determined by a psychological (adaptability) assessment
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, AU
Application Deadline: N/A