The APS 6 Senior Specialist Policy Officer positions are responsible for undertaking research on complex overseas education systems using a specialised methodology to deliver a range of qualifications recognition policy products and information services. This requires developing an in-depth knowledge of the Australian education and training system, and qualitative research and analysis of overseas education and training systems to prepare comprehensive specialist policy advice. Positions will also be responsible for examining international treaties, managing bilateral and multilateral engagement, delivering strategic projects, and managing engagement with international and domestic stakeholders.
- Leading strategic projects, anticipating and managing issues and risks, monitoring and evaluating project performance, and supporting the department’s relationships and representation at bilateral and multilateral fora.
- Supervision of staff and development and implementation of work plans, including managing workflows and priorities, and ensuring the delivery of quality outcomes.
- Qualitative research and analysis of complex overseas education and training systems to develop specialised policies relating to the comparability of foreign qualifications in the Australian context, including preparation of publications.
- Delivering training workshops and providing written policy advice to a wide range of domestic and international stakeholders on complex and technical matters.
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects and drive work, including applying sound judgement to anticipate and manage risks and the ability effectively monitor, evaluate, and report on project/program performance.
- Qualitative research and analysis skills to develop strategic policy and/or manage programs to achieve results and improve outcomes.
- Excellent attention to detail in written and oral communication, with an ability to effectively liaise, negotiate and influence a diverse range of stakeholders on complex technical and strategic issues.
- Demonstrated ability to manage, support, and develop staff to deliver high-quality outcomes.
- Commitment to undergo training, takes responsibility, is accountable, and works collaboratively in a team.
- Interest, knowledge and/or experience with overseas education systems and/or international education.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Melbourne, Victoria, AU
Application Deadline: N/A