Website Department of Defence
The Financial Compliance Assurance team provides assurance of Defence’s compliance with relevant financial policy and legislation. The team applies a risk-based approach to its strategic objectives, leveraging automation and data analytics to identify items for investigation. The team also provides advice to DFG and other stakeholders on enhancing Defence’s financial compliance control environment, improving assurance to Defence leadership.
- Perform analytics on Defence business data to develop new programs and to provide timely advice on financial compliance issues to DFG management and Defence stakeholders.
- Perform analytics on existing Financial Compliance Assurance business activities to measure the effectiveness and efficiency of programs and recommend improvements as required.
- Manage workflows and resources, prepare work area plans detailing measurable milestones and expected outcomes.
- Provide and apply judgment to tailor advice to stakeholders, peers and the Defence executive on financial compliance programs.
- Under the direction of the Assistant Director – Financial Compliance Assurance (Operations), design, optimise, document and execute financial compliance assurance business processes working to agreed priorities and outcomes.
- Analyse existing and new Financial Compliance Assurance business processes to create specification documents for software developers and liaise with software developers to deliver, test, document and roll out software to support business requirements.
- Build and sustain effective relationships with team members and wider Defence stakeholders.
- Strong initiative and sound judgement.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Experience in managing technical projects to increase process efficiency from identifying requirements to implementation and benefits realisation.
- A commitment to continuous improvement.
Company: Department of Defence
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, AU
Application Deadline: N/A