The Financial Policy and Business Support Branch has policy responsibility for a number of farmer and farm business assistance programs to support a resilient and productive agriculture sector, including, Regional Investment Corporation loans, the Farm Management Deposits Scheme, and Farm Household Allowance. The branch also engages in banking, taxation, and financial policy matters to support drought preparedness and broader on-farm risk management. We work closely with other delivery agencies, including Services Australia, the Regional Investment Corporation, the Australian Taxation Office, the National Recovery and Resilience Agency and the Australian Prudential and Regulation Authority. We are committed to supporting the long-term strength, resilience, and profitability of Australian farm businesses, and to helping farming families in financial hardship.
- Working with other government agencies regarding financial and budget processes
- Building and maintaining relationships with our delivery partners
- Formulating and providing advice to government on farm assistance and rural financial policy
- Engaging with internal and external stakeholders in relation to policy development
- Developing policy proposals for government consideration, and managing the preparation of legislation to implement government decisions
- Analysing data and information to monitor, evaluate and improve our policies and programs
- Contributing to building a strong, respectful and supportive divisional workplace culture
- Mentoring and guiding junior team members.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, AU
Application Deadline: N/A