Website Department of Defence
The successful candidate will under limited guidance, identify research directions and carry out research on advanced composite and polymer materials for components and structures on maritime platforms They will be responsible for investigating, reporting, and presenting results from these tests.
- Undertaking composite and polymer materials application design and analysis utilising characterisation and mechanical test methods supported using numerical tools.
- Develop, plan and undertake experimental testing to support composite and hybrid material research for maritime applications with improved acoustic and hydrodynamic performance.
- Contribute to and participate in collaborative research projects with Australian universities, industry, and international partners.
- Under limited guidance the candidate will be capable of planning and conducting such research in a focused and productive manner.
- They will have excellent communication skills, with experience in presentations, demonstrations, and written communication.
- Experience with computational modelling of structures and fluids is also desirable. In particular, competence in applying this to the study of fluid-structure interactions.
Company: Department of Defence
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Port Melbourne, Victoria, AU
Application Deadline: N/A