Website Department of Defence
As a member of a multi-disciplinary team, you will perform technical and engineering work in support of Collins Class submarine sustainment. You will be providing advice and direction on the introduction of design changes, maintenance deferral and conducting technical investigations. This role will require a hands on approach and will require you to access workshops and the submarine regularly including confined spaces. You will be performing work of a complex and/or critical nature.
- Demonstrated skills for establishing work priorities, motivation of team members and delivering clear and consistent advice to stakeholders are also core attributes needed for this position.
- The candidate will be able to demonstrate and apply technical knowledge and experience to develop and review design and maintenance packages, identify risks and appropriate mitigations, provide advice for maintenance planning and provide recommendations to decision makers.
- The idea candidate will be self-motivated, with demonstrated experience delivering complex engineering support to in-service platforms. Direct experience with submarine systems is not essential but is preferred.
- The ideal candidate will demonstrate high levels of flexibility and ability to respond to changing priorities and challenges that are present in the Collins Class program. Sound decision making judgment skills, excellent communication and stakeholder engagement skills are key attributes required for the position.
- You will be expected to assist in the ongoing upskilling and development of colleagues and self-improvement through professional development.
Company: Department of Defence
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Taperoo, South Australia, AU
Application Deadline: N/A