Website Department of Defence
A most valuable opportunity awaits in Strategy, Policy, and Industry (SP&I) Group Ministerial & Parliamentary, for a public servant who is prepared to execute one of the most vital coordinating functions in our organisation. As a Ministerial and Parliamentary Officer, your responsibilities will place you squarely in the eye of the storm, coordinating the flow of business across all sections of SP&I Group. The role is a demanding one – but the rewards are more than equal to the challenges. By mastering the role, you would gain an outstanding degree of insight into the breadth of SP&I’s important work, elevate your organisational skills, and gather experiences which will stand you in good stead across a multitude of future career paths.
- Resolving problems and implementing alternative courses of action.
- Coordinating the daily handling of Ministerial and Parliamentary workflow, freedom of information and weekly reporting for Deputy Secretary SP&I.
- Engaging and negotiating with stakeholders to achieve business outcomes.
- Taking the initiative to progress work to meet business objectives, and providing advice and guidance on more complex issues.
- Demonstrating a strategic understanding of the impact and implications of Ministerial and Parliamentary business to the work area and, more broadly, Defence and whole-of-government.
- Working collaboratively, building and sustaining effective relationships and providing constructive feedback to achieve Ministerial and Parliamentary outcomes.
- Be able to engage with and provide assistance to internal stakeholders, including Senior Executives;
- Have demonstrated experience in managing competing priorities;
- Be outcomes focused, with a high level of attention to detail and exceptional time management;
- Have the ability to work under limited supervision in accordance with changing priorities to meet deadlines.
Company: Department of Defence
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, AU
Application Deadline: N/A