Website Department of Defence
The Australian Defence Force (ADF) Alcohol, Tobacco and other Drugs (AToD) Program is a diverse Program that contributes to the ADF Mental Health and Well-Being Strategy by providing AToD related products to a range of stakeholders within Defence. The AToD Coordinator reports directly to the ADF Centre for Mental Health’s (ADFCMH) Regional Mental Health Manager and provides high quality health promotion, prevention and early intervention services that aim to address AToD and gambling related harm.
- Ensuring all initiatives are based on the best available evidence and comply with the broader ADF AToD Program and ADF Centre for Mental Health’s priorities.
- Health workforce skilling: This includes the delivery of targeted AToD and mental health training which is designed to enhance the skills of the Defence health workforce who deliver treatment services to members.
- Providing regional subject matter expertise and recommendations to Commanders, Supervisors, health professionals and other leaders.
- Contributing to the planning, facilitation, contextualisation and evaluation of AToD and other mental health promotion, prevention and early intervention products and initiatives. This includes the facilitation of group training courses to military members.
- Developing and implementing population based initiatives and programs that support Commanders, supervisors and health providers to address AToD related issues.
Company: Department of Defence
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Townsville, Queensland, AU
Application Deadline: N/A