To provide patients with prescribed medication / and non prescribed medications (Over the Counter (OTC)) for treatment of minor ailments, acting as a consultant to patients, physicians and the medical team on the selection, dosage, interaction, side effects and use of drugs. Identify and rectify prescribing errors to prevent fatal complications and ensure pharmaceutical regulations are followed. Take full responsibility for safe and accurate dispensing of all prescriptions.
- Prepare and provide medicines and treatment without Doctors instructions such as treatment of minor ailments (cold, cough, constipation, etc), making initial clinical assessments and referring patients to appropriate clinicians if required. Dispense prescriptions from external Clinics on network.
- Responsible for Drug therapy management i.e, ensure that patient receives the prescription in the right dose, quantity and with proper instructions, check interactions, alter drug regimen if inappropriate. Independently dispense medication, review medication profile of patients to ensure appropriateness of prescriptions.
- Identify and rectify prescribing errors to prevent health complications, including fatality. Independently counsel patients and medical practitioners regarding the nature and use of drugs, drug selection, appropriate drug therapy, drug indications / contra-indications, dosage, drug interactions and side effects. Actively participate in the drug selection process and refer any problems associated with the prescribing.
- Experience in a hospital or community Pharmacy.
- Strong communication and customer service skills, including dealing with sensitive and confidential patient information.
Qualification & Experience:
- Regulatory requirement: Valid DHA license
- Degree of Honours (12+3 or equivalent
- Medical/ Pharmacy: 5+ Years
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A