Website Cumberland Council
The Fire Safety Officer role is to assist the Team Leader Development Programs in meeting Council’s statutory obligations in regard to the reporting on relevant programs and actions from Council’s Community Strategic Plan, Delivery Program and Operational Plan regarding combustible cladding and fire safety. This role will ensure that Council meets its legislative obligations in relation to these program areas.
- Currently accredited A3 Building Surveyor under the NSW Building Professionals Board Accreditation Scheme or Relevant Tertiary qualifications in fire safety and/or Development Assessment (i.e. Grad Certificate).
- Extensive knowledge of Volume 1 & 2 (BCA) of the National Construction Code and associated Building legislation
- Combustible Cladding Regulation 2018
- Knowledge of the Environmental Planning & Assessment Act 1979 and regulations and Local Government Act, 1993
- Current Drivers Licence
- Ability to meet deadlines on a daily basis and possession of proven time management
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to liaise with customers.
Qualification & Experience:
- Extensive job-related experience in the inspection and assessment of buildings to identify the classification and use of buildings in accordance with NCC/BCA, determine what essential fire safety measures should be installed, identify any fire risks and determine course of action.
- Extensive experience of the development and construction process as applicable to fire safety.
- Extensive experience in Fire Safety inspections and reports
- Demonstrated experience in issuing Development Control Orders under the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act and Local Government Act 1993
Company: Cumberland Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Merrylands, New South Wales, Australia
Application Deadline: N/A