Website Cumberland Council
The Environmental Health Officer provides services related to Environmental Health including public health, food safety and environmental issues. This role will provide technical advice to managers and other staff of council whilst completing inspections and responding to complaints. This role will assist the Team Leader Environmental Health and other members of the Council to ensure that the organisation meets all of its Legislative, Management Plan and Budgetary requirements.
- Degree Level qualifications in Environmental Health or equivalent
- Knowledge of Environmental Health best practices
- Sound knowledge of the relevant Environmental Health legislation including Protection of the Environment Operations Act 1997, Food Act 2003 (and Food Safety Standards), Public Health Act 2010, Local Government Act 1993 and all Regulations made thereunder
- Current Class C NSW drivers licence
- Computer literacy.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in implementing inspection programs for; food surveillance, regulated systems, and skin penetration premises (including tattooists, beauty salons, hairdressers and acupuncturists)
- Experience in environmental monitoring, responding to pollution incidents, pollution investigations and enforcement procedures
- Experience with the environmental assessment of Development Applications
Company: Cumberland Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Merrylands, New South Wales, Australia
Application Deadline: N/A