Website Cumberland Council
The Information Services team is committed to providing high quality service to all stakeholders who include our Community, our Executive, the Leadership Group and all Council staff. The team provides timely and accurate advice, and utilises better practice methods and procedures and continuous improvement methodologies while developing new and innovative solutions to problems in a consultative and customer focused manner.
The GIS Officer is responsible for providing mapping and analysis services to the organisation and supporting the community through spatial data creation, management, spatial analysis and map production. The role will require partnerships to be developed with internal business units to support their operations and enhance the use of GIS (Geographical Information Systems) across Council. In order to provide support to operations staff in the use of GIS and/or mobility applications, this role will likely spend their primary time at the Auburn Depot.
- Tertiary qualifications in Spatial Information Systems, GIS or asset management and a land related discipline
- Knowledge of GIS concepts such as projection, datum, scale & cartographic principles
- Ability to produce high quality maps and presentation skills
- Demonstrated understanding and knowledge of web service layers e.g. WMS & WFS services within Council’s GIS
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to work productively as a member of a team and contribute to team goals, explain technical concepts and adhere to agreed timeframes.
- Demonstrated ability of having a self-directed drive to learn and pick up new skills, and work without direct supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to carry out duties from time to time as directed by Supervisor.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience with GIS software and/or mobility tools and technical support
- Proven experience in maintaining core GIS data such as LEP, land records and property addresses or assets e.g. roads, parks, work orders and capital works
- Experience with spatial modelling and data analysis
- Experience with raster data manipulation software
Company: Cumberland Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Merrylands, New South Wales, Australia
Application Deadline: N/A