In this varied and autonomous role, you will lead the coordination of site improvement and development projects, and act as the primary point of contact & bridge between the research staff and CSIRO Business & Infrastructure Services (CBIS) team, Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) team & other external stakeholders, to ensure the smooth and efficient operations of the site, including laboratories and a specialist food grade pilot plant. An also important part of your role will be to build and maintain strong partnerships with these groups to provide timely operational support and maintain facilities as safe and fit-for-purpose. You will also have responsibilities at other CSIRO sites within the A&F unit to manage their operations activities.
- Managing specific projects to improve the functioning of the site, including new technologies and digital options.
- Providing timely operational support, including partnering with CBIS and HSE teams to maintain facilities as safe and fit-for-purpose.
- Supporting the CSIRO Werribee site and operation of the food processing plant by:
- Partnering and collaborating with site leaders, A&F research staff and other internal and external teams & stakeholders.
- Providing leadership and project management to provide A&F with required infrastructure, including office accommodation, food processing pilot plant and laboratories.
- Coordinating with relevant parties to ensure required building repairs and maintenance (R&M) occurs, both through proactive identification of required activities and in response to research staff requests.
- Providing leadership and project management support for a future National Food Innovation Hub within a broader Australian Food Innovation Centre within Melbourne.
- Providing operational support at other A&F sites, including managing a team of site support officers who provide administrative support across CSIRO sites.
- Demonstrated ability to manage, and work effectively as part of, a multi-disciplinary, regionally dispersed team, and also carry out tasks autonomously.
- Proven ability to work in fast paced work environment and ability to manage competing demands & pressure situations.
Qualification & Experience:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications, and/or equivalent relevant work experience in the manufacturing sector, including knowledge of a factory environment.
- Demonstrated experience in project management and change management methodologies.
- Experience in working with a research organisation and establishing & maintaining relationships with researchers, external partner companies and other stakeholders.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Application Deadline: N/A