As the Research Director, you will provide the vision, direction and leadership for the program to deliver world-class science. You will be an entrepreneurial and collaborative leader who is responsible for establishing and maintaining strong links with industry partners and government, while building and inspiring dynamic and innovative research teams to deliver world-class science.
- Resource Leadership: lead and manage financials, resources, people infrastructure and other assets; ensure best practice governance and management of commercial activities and intellectual property; and ensure Program delivers against milestones and quality standards.
- Engagement and Partnerships: develop deeper and more effective national/international partnerships; build strategic relationships within the organisation to execute CSIRO’s strategy and A&F’s strategy; develop and maintain national and international research collaborations, scientific publications, and professional networks; and identify opportunities for future collaboration.
- Impact Science Leadership: lead strategic science to address national challenges, identify and engage in new research opportunities, pipeline growth and development, support strategy and scientific performance, and catalyse innovation.
- Capability Leadership: attract, nurture and retain world-class talent; promote a safe and sustainable workplace; inspire and build a high-performance culture.
- Entrepreneurial Leadership: develop partnerships with industry and funding agencies that drive commercialisation and impact from our science.
- Demonstrated leadership and excellence in a relevant field of science, as demonstrated by high-quality peer reviewed, published research including an established international research reputation and credibility.
- Evidence of successful leadership in developing a pipeline and a portfolio of science, research and innovation opportunities which responds to national and international challenges.
- Evidence of strong entrepreneurial industry and/or government engagement and strategic relationship management that grows new impact opportunities and supports positive and sustainable commercial outcomes.
- Proven ability to work effectively as an integral member of the Agriculture and Food Business Unit Leadership Team and as a leader of a multi-disciplinary, regionally dispersed research team, and foster an environment in which there is a high level of co-operation in which there is a high level of co-operation within and between Programs, Groups and Teams.
- Demonstrated ability to establish productive teams, manage performance, undertake strategic planning and financial management, drive and implement change, operationalise the strategic vision for staff, and gain commitment to the direction chosen.
- A doctorate and/or equivalent research and/or industry experience in a relevant discipline area, combined with significant research leadership experience.
- Strong leadership skills that demonstrate the ability to unite capability and to promote cross-organisational collaboration to transform CSIRO’s delivery on national and international challenges in the agriculture and food domain.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, AU
Application Deadline: N/A