As the Research Director, you will be a collaborative and entrepreneurial leader who can leverage and align resource capability with CSIRO science directions, initiate reform and structural changes across the diverse project portfolio as required to ensure optimal competitive positioning of the Sustainability Pathways program and to achieve world class scientific impact.
- Resource Leadership: lead and manage financials, resources, people infrastructure and other assets; ensure best practice governance and management of commercial activities and intellectual property; and e nsure Program delivers against milestones and quality standards.
- Impact Science Leadership: lead strategic science to address national challenges, identify and engage in new research opportunities, pipeline growth and development, support strategy and scientific performance, and catalyse innovation.
- Engagement and Partnerships: develop deeper and more effective national/international partnerships; build strategic relationships within the organisation to execute CSIRO’s strategy and L&W’s strategy; develop and maintain national and international research collaborations, scientific publications, and professional networks; and identify opportunities for future collaboration.
- Capability Leadership: attract, nurture and retain world-class talent; promote a safe and sustainable workplace; inspire and build a high-performance culture; lead change, leverage and align resource capability.
- Demonstrated ability to establish productive teams, manage performance, undertake strategic planning and financial management, operationalise the strategic vision for staff, and gain commitment to the direction chosen.
- Proven ability to strategically develop programs and opportunities that respond to national and global research challenges, drawing from knowledge in: social or economic sciences with expertise in decision support around urban systems, rural systems, natural capital accounting and/or indigenous enterprises; systems science and integration science; and adaptive planning, evaluation and learning.
- Evidence of strong industry and/or government engagement and strategic relationship management that grows new impact opportunities and supports positive and sustainable commercial outcomes.
- A doctorate and/or equivalent research experience in a discipline area relevant to the Program with preferred experience in supporting decisions through integrated approaches between environmental and social systems.
- Evidence of successful development and leadership of a pipeline and portfolio of science, research and innovation on a national and international scale.
- The ability to work effectively as an integral member and leader of a multi-disciplinary, regionally dispersed research team, and foster an environment in which there is a high level of co-operation within and between teams.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Application Deadline: N/A