As the Senior Network Engineer – SKA-Low, you will lead the network deployment of the SKA-Low telescope. Working alongside the SKAO’s Network Architect, Computing Infrastructure Lead, other domain specialists, project managers and system engineers, you will ensure the networks for the SKA-Low telescope are fit for purpose, will last for decades and allow for continual evolution as the systems are delivered during telescope construction.
- Work with the stakeholders to continually refine network requirements for the SKA Low telescope.
- Support the ongoing network design activities required for procurement.
- Develop the technical content of the network procurement packages once the designs have been agreed.
- Assist in the deployment and support of the telescope networks.
- Assist with security audits and risk assessments undertaken by specialists.
- Provide updates and reports as necessary on the status of the SKA network installation in Australia.
- Undertake national and international travel to represent the SKAO and the Australian SKA data networks.
- The ability and willingness to undertake domestic travel to the Murchison Radio-astronomy Observatory and Geraldton, and some international travel.
- An understanding of Lean principles.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in a leadership position, or evidence of potential to fulfil a leadership position.
- Experience of data centre networking technologies.
- Experience in the installation, optimisation and maintenance of network and security devices and services, and the ability to assure compliance with relevant policies and regulations.
- A degree in a relevant subject or an equivalent level of experience and expertise.
- Significant experience in the architecture and design of large network systems and an understanding of relevant new technologies.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Perth, Western Australia, AU
Application Deadline: N/A