We are seeking a Geophysicist with expertise in seismic monitoring and a strong proficiency in microseismics, to play a leading role in research and development of novel geophysical methods and applications for mining and other industries. Typical applications of the technologies include evaluation of dynamic changes of ground condition in mining areas, delineation of orebodies and geological structures, improved understanding of the fracturing characteristics of host rocks and ore body associated with mining progress that can be used for improved mine design, reduction in mine safety risks, and increasing mine production and profitability.
- Carry out field work as part of the team to complete research and to support project requirements.
- Communicate effectively and respectfully with all staff, clients and suppliers in the interests of good business practice, collaboration and enhancement of CSIRO’s reputation.
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary, often regionally dispersed research team, to carry out tasks under limited direction in support of scientific research.
- Develop opportunities and lead industry-funded and internal strategic projects for advancing microseismics/geophysics-based technologies.
- Adapt and/or develop original experimental methods, equipment, software algorithms, concepts and ideas in support of existing and further research.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues within your team, the business unit and across CSIRO, to reach objectives.
- Allocate activities, direct tasks and manage resources to meet objectives.
- Expertise and hands-on experience in microseismic monitoring
- Demonstrated experience in software development for geophysical data analysis and interpretation.
- Relevant PhD and/or equivalent experience in field of applied geophysics.
- Capacity to apply both theoretical knowledge and practical experience in seismic and geophysical data acquisition, analysis and interpretation.
- Demonstrated experience in completing field work within relevant geophysical surveys and field experience.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Application Deadline: N/A