We are looking for the newest member of our leadership team within CSIRO’s Information Management Technology (IMT) division. You’ll join us as a Web Applications and DBA Team Lead and will support a team of approximately eight staff, consisting of employees and contractors.
- Identify and assess risks associated with specific actions or projects and develop and implement strategies to reduce those risks.
- Develop and manage the team’s forward schedule of work considering business-as-usual activities, maintenance cycles and prioritised business projects.
- Develop and manage team capability and capacity to grow and evolve services the team provides in response to changing organisation needs.
- Advise IMT senior management team on issues requiring attention and implement management decisions.
- Engage with clients and review internal management processes for improvement opportunities.
- Undertake financial management of the team’s budget.
- Prepare necessary reports to keep team actions and achievements visible.
- Ideally either supporting enterprise or scientific research and development teams (specifically the services relating to the Web Hosting and DBA portfolio).
- A proven track record as a leader that has demonstrated initiative and self-motivation, as well as the ability to motivate and inspire others.
- A strong service delivery focus, including excellent oral and written communication skills, including anability to deliver clear presentations and reports.
- Ability to collaborate with other teams to achieve operational objectives, contribute to projects and solve technical challenges.
Qualification & Experience:
- Degree in an IT related field or equivalent experience e.g. Eligibility for membership of the Australian Computer Society.
- Extensive experience managing ICT systems, assets and budgets, including service reporting.
- Sound experience as a senior individual or leadership position within a similar ICT service delivery customer-focused environment
- Demonstrated experience building successful relationships in a complex delivery/client environment, including team direct reports, multiple stakeholders, suppliers, and peer delivery groups.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Application Deadline: N/A