CSIRO is seeking a highly motivated Strategy Delivery Manager to join the Program Enablement Office (PEO), within the Enterprise Strategy team. As the national science agency, CSIRO’s vision is to create a better future for Australia by solving the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. As the world turned to science in the face of a global pandemic, the role of science has also broadened, and this presents a critical and exciting time for CSIRO. The PEO was established in response to a greater focus on strategy delivery. This role will contribute to shaping and maturing the PEO over time to ensure the office continues to deliver the greatest value for the organisation. The successful candidate will report to the PEO Executive Manager, and work across the Strategy team and with CSIRO Science Business Units (BUs) and Enterprise Services (ES) teams.
- Prioritising initiative delivery plans, dependencies, alignment and sequencing requirements to achieve optimal outcomes.
- Leading, facilitating and/or designing organisational processes, frameworks and/or tools to improve our translation of strategy to execution (into practical goals, programs/projects and success measures) and how we monitor and report on progress.
- Partnering with strategic initiative owners and provide expertise to effectively design, plan, monitor and report on their strategic programs. This includes:
- Developing outcome-focused goals and metrics, clear milestones and work plans, and change management plans.
- Providing coaching and support to initiative teams to enhance program design and measurement capabilities
- Proactively identifying identify risks, issues and opportunities for efficiencies and synergies across CSIRO’s strategic initiatives
- Working collaboratively with multi-disciplinary and geographically dispersed stakeholders, across all levels of the organisation, to analyse and explore varied approaches to solving business challenges and achieve holistic outcomes for the organisation.
- Developing high quality presentations and report, including Executive Team and Board papers, submissions and other written or presentation materials.
- Demonstrated strong business acumen and ability to synthesise information and frame complex issues to develop insights and support strategic discussions and decision-making.
- Demonstrated ability to apply key elements of the management consulting toolkit (i.e. frameworks, methodologies, tools), including structured problem solving (e.g. hypothesis-based problem solving) and data analysis/basic financial modelling skills
- Strong communications skills (written and verbal), including the ability to succinctly convey complex messages and effectively facilitate stakeholder discussions.
Qualification & Experience:
- Significant direct experience and relevant skills in strategy, professional services consulting and/or planning and delivering change programs.
- Relevant diploma/bachelor’s degree, in relevant disciplines (e.g. business, accounting, finance, public administration or economics), or equivalent relevant work experience in a similar role.
- Familiar with the strategy to execution lifecycle, with experience in leading or delivering elements of the lifecycle, including program and project management experience – designing, planning and budgeting, monitoring and reporting
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Application Deadline: N/A