Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO) is one of the world’s largest and most successful publicly funded research and development organisations that delivers world-class science and outcome-focused research that generates economic, environmental, and social benefits for Australia in a global context.
- Engagement & Partnerships: Build strategic relationships with national and international stakeholders; lead the production of quality scientific papers for publication and/or presentation; communicate effectively and respectfully with staff, customers and partners in the interest of good practice, collaboration, and enhancing CSIRO’s reputation.
- Capability Leadership: Build and support research capability and professional development of scientists; attract, develop and support world class talent; resource planning; build effective teams aligned with the science platform; strive for ‘Zero Harm’ (physical and psychological) and actively promote a healthy, safe and environmentally sustainable workplace.
- Impact Science Leadership: Provide leadership to the FSP to generate excellent science to create impact on the economy and environment; set the R&D strategy; lead a portfolio of research projects to deliver capability & IP to CSIRO, customers & stakeholders; influence and collaborate across the organisation and the greater innovation system.
- Resource Leadership: Lead and manage the Program’s financial resources, people, infrastructure and other assets; ensure effective management of physical infrastructure and resources in an environmentally sustainable way; ensure best practice governance, and management of commercial activities and intellectual property in the platform.
- Evidence of strong engagement skills and strategic relationship management that grows collaboration, new research partnerships and develops opportunities for future outcomes.
- PhD in Chemical Engineering, Engineering Biology, Biological Data Science or equivalent in a relevant field, combined with significant experience in an area relevant to biological engineering or biobased production systems research.
- Established reputation and credibility in the biological sciences domain with evidence of effective world‐class science, through publication, research and/or innovation leadership.
- Evidence of successful development, initiation, and leadership of scientific research.
- Demonstrated ability to empower and develop world class talent and to promote wellbeing and foster creativity in and across multidisciplinary teams.
- Demonstrated knowledge/understanding of scientific and logistical challenges associated with the building of a platform area of new research.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Application Deadline: N/A