Reporting to the Senior Commercialisation Account Manager (Data61), the Commercialisation Account Manager (AI Specialist) will be responsible for working collaboratively with CSIRO’s Data61 business unit, and the broader CSIRO business development and commercial team, to identify, develop, and execute commercial strategies for a range of AI technologies and AI related initiatives across Data61, including building models to develop, incubate, accelerate, and ultimately commercialise Data61’s AI technologies.
- Establishing and utilising networks with organisations that are appropriate relevant investors, partners, and customers for CSIRO, including, but not limited to, financial institutions, philanthropic organisations, investor communities, entrepreneurs, industry and technology partners, and other supporters.
- Leveraging those relationships to create and execute on technology commercialisation strategies.
- Developing deep relationships within CSIRO to ensure contemporary and relevant knowledge of deep science.
- Building and maintaining effective external networks to ensure contemporary knowledge of industry and commercial opportunities.
- Working collaboratively with CSIRO’s Data61 and the broader business development and commercial team, to identify, develop, and execute coherent commercial strategies across a range of Data61’s AI technologies and AI related initiatives to maximise their potential impact and return.
- Supporting the other Commercialisation Managers to identify the optimum commercialisation path and financing strategy for a range of opportunities in a number of industry sectors.
- Professional networks in the finance, venture capital, innovation and/or entrepreneurial community.
- Demonstrated results in utilising strong commercial/business acumen with established internal and external networks.
- Demonstrated ability to build deep relationships and to work collaboratively across a large, complex organisation to deliver results.
Qualification & Experience:
- Expertise or experience in digital or data technologies.
- Knowledge and/or experience in operating principles of start-ups or small businesses, technology acceleration/incubation, or product management, with a demonstrated track record of supporting ideas from concept to market to achieve outcomes.
- Tertiary qualifications such as a degree in Science or Engineering and post graduate business qualification and/or equivalent relevant experience.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Application Deadline: N/A